We have a large membership most of whom are Safety Managers/Officers, Factory Inspectors, occupational hygienists, environmentalists, Engineers, Occupational
Health Physicians and Nurses, Economists, Scientists, Fire Engineers and Security Professionals in Governments, Military, Industries and Educational Institutions
in Nigeria as well as private safety consultants. We are as at entails at today over 5000 members.
Membership entails a duty to serve and protect people, property and environment. Hence our motto ’In the service of man’. This duty is to be exercised with
integrity, honour and dignity.
The Institute offers opportunities to members to advance their knowledge, share expertise and experience, exchange ideas, keep up with new developments and
gain recognition for professional achievements.
Members can achieve these through our periodical Conferences, seminar symposia and other activities.
ISPON has two categories of membership namely individual and corporate membership.
Individual membership is open to Safety Professionals, Engineers, Occupational Hygienists, Environmentalists, Medical and Health Practitioners,
Ergonomists, Scientists, Fire Engineers and Security Professionals.
Admission to individual membership is subject to meeting the specified qualifications, rules, regulations and conditions of the Institute's
constitution and bye-laws.
Corporate membership is open to companies, institutions, societies, organizations and corporate bodies who agree to be subject to the rules and regulations
of the Institute in its safety policies, procedures, practices, ethics and standards.
Admission to corporate membership is subject to provision of evidence of safety policies, safety training of employees (at least 50%) and report of safety
audit of facility.
Electronic Membership Management System (e-MMS)
ISPON has been chattered by the ISPON Act 2014 to regulate the practice of safety profession in Nigeria together with assuring
the statutory registration of all safety professionals, and the institute have seized this unique opportunity to use a digitally-enabled
membership management system to position the institute in fulfilling this statutory function.
The electronic Membership Management System (e-MMS) is a web-based solution that manages membership application process, annual
membership renewal, collaborations and professional development of members. With this system, all our membership management processes
are now fully automated, everything is done online; no need to visit our offices for payment and submission of documents/forms apart from
attending training and membership screening.
Below are the key features of the e-MMS:
- Creation and management of online profiles by members
- Online application process for membership and upgrade
- Online payment of membership and upgrade application fees
- Automated reminders and administration of membership renewals
- Automated invoice generation and online payment of annual membership dues and conference/AGM fees
- Automated email notifications on invoices due and payment receipts
- User-friendly dashboard for members to view membership status and interface with the institute
- Enhance professional development of members through online forums, publications, resources and tracking of learning activities
- Fully automated application submission, review and approval process.
- Automated email notifications and feedback system between reviewer and applicants.
- Customer service and support ticket system for resolution of complaints.
Effective 1st March 2020, all membership applications, membership upgrades, annual membership payments, conference/AGM registrations
and other membership-related dealings shall be done through the e-MMS.
How to Become a Member of ISPON
If you are a health and safety practitioner, work in an associated field or have an interest in health and safety, you can enjoy the benefits of ISPON membership.
Applicants - How to Join
Visit www.ispon.emms.ng to create an online profile
- Verify your email address by clicking on the email verification link sent to your email.
- Login and complete the online application.
- Upload scanned copies of supporting documents.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee (through bank transfer or debit/credit card) and submit your application.
- Sit for and pass membership screening examination
- Upon approval of membership application, pay the automatically-generated annual membership dues
Supporting Documents Needed - Individual Applicants
- Certificate(s) of educational qualification(s)
- Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- Evidence of professional safety experience (reference letter from employers or clients)
- Certificate(s) of relevant HSE Training
- Means of Identification (international passport, driver’s license, national ID card or voters card)
- Signed Sponsor form
Supporting Documents Needed – Corporate Applicants
- Company registration documents
- HSE policies and manual
- Company profile
Existing Members - How to create online profile
- Visit www.ispon.emms.ng, click on “Create Profile” then select “Existing Member”
- Enter your membership number and surname, then click on “Search”
- Update your profile as indicated and verify your email address
- Pay the automatically-generated annual membership dues (through bank transfer or debit/credit card)
For enquiries and support on the e-MMS, contact email@example.com
Note: As part of professional development, it is mandatory for members to attend HSE Courses, Seminars, Conferences and other learning events
organized by the Institute periodically.
Electronic Member Register
An electronic Register of Members and their accredited representatives (in the case of corporate members) are kept and maintained in the
Membership Management System (e-MMS), and any member of the public can access it to verify membership status of individuals and corporate bodies.
No person or organization shall be deemed to be a member of the Institute unless his/her/its name and other information have been, and continue to be, entered in the Register of Members.
You access the individual members register here
You access the corporate members register here
The Institute offers opportunities to members to advance their professional knowledge through the Institute's published newsletters,
journals and lectures by members and other professional guest lecturers.
- Share expertise and experience.
- Exchange ideas and keep up with new developments in safety practice.
- Gain recognition for professional endeavours.
- Members who pay their dues regularly are covered by insurance.Membership Annual Subscription
|Class of Membership
||Consulting (valid for practice)
||Affiliate (not valid for practice)
Membership Application Fees
|Corporate Application +
|Individual Application +
|Membership Upgrade Fee
|Screening Exemption Fee
Click Here To Apply for Membership
Annual Membership Subscription Fees
Every member shall pay to the Institute an annual membership subscription fee in such amount and manner as may from time to time be prescribed by Governing Board.
Membership annual subscription presently in force are as follows:
Click Here To Make Payment Online
|Class of Membership
||Annual Subscription Fee
All members' annual subscriptions become due and payable on the first working day of January each year, except that in the first instance, it
shall be due and payable on the date on which the application for membership is granted.